Don't just search for a job — find your inspiration.
How would you like to come into work feeling empowered, entrusted, and inspired to make a real difference, in the real world?
As a TSS Direct Support Professional, you can make that difference by teaching valuable life and job skills to a young person who's motivated to learn from your personal experience.
Yes, we're hiring! — Apply today!
In Transitional School Services, the community is our classroom.
Make their success your success.
Direct Support Professionals in our TSS program help high school students with disabilities learn from hands-on work experience at local businesses in their communities.
As a DSP you’ll help support a student with:
- Transportation between work and school
- On-the-job coaching and supervision
- Building Employer/Employee relationships
- Learning social and other 'soft skills'
In other words, you'll help prepare them for success in the workplace after graduation!
Get professional training — with benefits!
Being a Direct Support Professional is the perfect opportunity for college students, parents, retirees — or anyone looking for a rewarding experience with a schedule that fits their unique lifestyle.
As a DSP, you'll benefit from:
- Paid training
- ACRE National Job Coaching Certification
- CPR Certification
- FREE Sign Language Classes
- An independent work environment
- Time off during school vacation
... and much more!
A job that pays in more ways than one.
Don't settle for less — increase your earning potential with a job that pays in more ways than one:
- Spend more time on school and family with a flexible schedule
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance with paid time off
- Pursue higher education with tuition reimbursement
- Lower your monthly bills with our Verizon wireless plan
- Get affordable care with medical & dental insurance
- Make more money with paid incentive programs
- Move your career forward with advancement opportunities
No experience necessary.
To be a Direct Support Professional, you only need a high school diploma or GED, access to an insured vehicle, and the willingness to share your knowledge and kindness with others.
- Valid driver's license
- Proof of auto insurance
- Reliable transportation
- Favorable background check
- Flexible, dependable, creative, and a sense of humor
- Good communication skills
Find out why Perspectives is the best
Human Services agency in Rhode Island.
So many opportunities for growth and a great place to have a career.
It is the most rewarding job I have ever had.
This job taught me to be more understanding and have more of an imagination with everyday life.
You develop so many great relationships and learn a lot about yourself in the process.
What you do here is amazing. The job itself is wonderful and rewarding.
Although at times it can be challenging, I look forward to challenging myself each day.