You have a gift for working with children.
So why not use it doing something that matters: being rewarded for making a difference in the life of a child with special needs?
If you want to work where compassion counts and people come first, then being a Behavior Specialist at Perspectives just might be the most rewarding job you’ll ever have.
Yes, we're hiring! — Apply today!
Every child should have the opportunity to advance toward full inclusion in the world around them.
Use Your Creativity
When you become a Behavior Specialist, you'll have the satisfaction of using your creativity to help a child make meaningful developmental progress in their home and community.
You'll learn to use Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to teach:
- Social and daily living skills
- Self-help skills
- Cognitive skills
- Functional communication skills
- Behavior management
- Community inclusion
You already have the power to make a difference.
We can show you how.
Get Professional Training and Experience
At Perspectives, you'll get advanced training and gain valuable professional experience working with Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) under the supervision of our clinical team.
As a Behavior Specialist, you'll also benefit from:
- National DSP Certification
- CPR Certification
- FREE Sign Language Classes
- Leadership training
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) training
... and more.
Set Your Career Up For Success
Don't settle for less — supercharge your earning potential with a job that pays in more ways than one:
- Spend more time on school and family with a flexible schedule
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance with paid time off
- Pursue higher education with tuition reimbursement
- Lower your monthly bills with our Verizon wireless plan
- Get affordable care with medical & dental insurance
- Make more money with paid incentive programs
- Move your career forward with advancement opportunities
Requirements & Qualifications
Behavior Specialists must have at least one year of college level education, a minimum of 6 college credits, -or- at least 2 years experience in childcare.
- At least 19 years of age
- Valid driver's license
- Access to an insured vehicle
- Favorable background check
- Experience working with children
- Experience working with individuals with behavioral challenges
Find out why Perspectives is the best
Human Services agency in Rhode Island.
Really fun job working with kids, management is phenomenal, and the clinical team has your back.
I had a good time and it was a good experience toward fulfilling psychology internship requirements.
Great place to work, people are very supportive and help you grow in the field.
A very Intellectual learning experience. It teaches you many useful skills to pursue a career in working with behavioral disabilities.
Rewarding because you connect with the kids and its amazing to see their progression based on the interactions and help you provide due to it being one on one.