Dr. Hewitt's Journey into I/DD Activism
"It's easy to hire people; it's much harder to keep them, and especially hard to hire the right people that are committed to doing this kind of work."
The DSP Workforce Dilemma: Turnover Rates and Their Causes
- a mismatch between skills of DSPs and supports individuals need in their day to day lives
- the quality of the company culture and management that oversees DSPs
- the temperament of the professional applying for the job
- potential conflicts with coworkers
- effectiveness of supervisors at supporting their team