Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services
Perspectives provides culturally and linguistically affirmative Early Intervention consultation, education, and support to families with a Deaf or Hard of Hearing child in the home or other natural environments.
Perspectives Corporation offers specialty consultation for Rhode Island Early Intervention Providers working with infants and toddlers who are deaf or hard of hearing.
We are a diverse team of professionals from varying Deaf and Hard of Hearing backgrounds. We work collaboratively with families in the home or other natural environments addressing the social, emotional, and communication needs of the child.
Early Intervention services include:
- Home-visits and family engagement with our team of professionals to promote a language-rich environment.
- Informal direct ASL modeling and support in the home or community. Formal ASL classes are also available at no cost to the family.
- Availability of Deaf cultural/linguistic language models for the family.
- Connecting families to resources for their child beyond Early Intervention relating to accessibility, education, technology, community connections, and similar.
- Consultation with a licensed social worker with experience supporting families in navigating the systems of care specific to Deaf and Hard of Hearing people in Rhode Island.