Full and part time positions are available. Join us and make a difference in your community!
If you are seeking rewarding, purposeful work and want to be part of a growing team of professionals, come join Perspectives Corporation's Employment Services, Rhode Island's top performing employment team supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to achieve their career goals!
As a Job Coach, you'll be responsible for providing assistance in maintaining employment for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities through direct support, increase independence to accurately carry out job duties, social support, problem-solving, and development of on-the-job supports.
Perspectives' New Employee Orientation program provides a welcoming, in-depth training experience to accommodate those who have never worked with people with developmental disabilities.
In addition to a creative and collaborative work environment, Perspectives offers a generous benefits package that includes:
- Flexible schedules
- Paid training and mentor programs
- Employee incentive programs
- Generous paid time off
- Verizon, AAA and health club discounts
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401k savings plan
At Perspectives, we listen to people's ideas, see their talents, and assume unlimited potential. We invest in our employees and support their career development by providing the resources to make it happen!
Here are just a few ways we give back to our dedicated professionals:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Management "in-training" programs
- American Sign Language (ASL) classes
- Mindfulness Training
- DSP Mentor Program
- National DSP (NADSP) Certification
- CPR Certification
To become a Job Coach, you’ll need a favorable background check, a safe driving record, access to an insured vehicle, and a High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable and insured vehicle and favorable driving record
- Must have a favorable Criminal Background Check
- Must be willing to complete an ACRE or State approved job coach training program
- Must have person-centered approach
- Great problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Flexible, dependable, creative and sense of humor
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- An Associate’s Degree or related experience
- Certification in ACRE/State approved training, CESP or present proof of enrollment in an employment specialist program