DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONALS
Adult Residential Services
Perspectives Adult Residential Services has full time and part time positions available throughout Rhode Island. Flexible schedules include 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts.
In Adult Residential Services, Direct Support Professionals work as part of a team, assisting people in maintaining their homes, and becoming active members of their communities, while encouraging life-long learning and self-determination.
Direct Support Professionals focus on assisting adults with household management, daily living skills and routines, such as:
- Promoting health and wellness through meal preparation, hygiene, medical administration and treatments, exercise plans, and other activities
- Cleaning, home decorating, and scheduling needed home maintenance repairs
- Purchasing household supplies & personal care items, and assisting with other financial planning
- Assisting the nursing team with scheduling and following through with medical, dental and other appointments
- Supporting individuals in using public or private transportation for appointments and community activities
Perspectives proudly promotes employee development and offers advancement opportunities within the agency!
Whether you’re looking to further your education or your career, we provide access to a variety of resources to help you achieve your goals, including:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Management "in-training" programs
- American Sign Language (ASL) classes
- Mindfulness Training
- DSP Mentor Program
- NADSP Certification
- CPR Certification
Perspectives' New Employee Orientation provides a welcoming, in-depth training experience to accommodate those who have never worked with people with developmental disabilities.
To become a Direct Support Professional, you’ll need a favorable background check, a safe driving record, access to an insured vehicle, and a High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
FULL BENEFITS (PDF, 250k)