Deaf & Hard-of-Hearing Services
The DHOH Department Assistant works collaboratively with agency-wide departments to support the employment experience of employees in the Deaf &Hard of Hearing Department. Assists with HR functions to include: Utilizing innovative strategies to recruit applicants, create a positive interviewing and hiring process for new employees, assists with implementation of training strategies, and develops creative employee retention initiatives.
Broad Areas of Responsibility:
Recruitment, screening, and interviewing applicants, collection and statistical analysis of applicant and recruitment data, and development of Human Resource systems and strategies.
In addition to a creative and collaborative work environment, Perspectives offers a generous benefits package that includes:
- Flexible schedules
- Paid training and mentor programs
- Employee incentive programs
- Generous paid time off
- Verizon, AAA and health club discounts
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401k savings plan
At Perspectives, we listen to people's ideas, see their talents, and assume unlimited potential. We invest in our employees and support their career development by providing the resources to make it happen!
Here are just a few ways we give back to our dedicated professionals:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Management "in-training" programs
- American Sign Language (ASL) classes
- Mindfulness Training
- DSP Mentor Program
- National DSP (NADSP) Certification
- CPR Certification
- Post high school education or certificate in a social services, human resources or related field or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years experience in administrative field and/or Human Resources
- Excellent interviewing skills and knowledge of hiring process
- Experience with talent acquisition to include: Recruitment strategies, niche job boards, social media advertisements, community network, job fairs.
- Strong attention to detail and presentation skills are a must
- Facilitation of trainings to small and large groups
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Applications
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Proficient in American Sign Language (ASL)
- Awareness of and sensitivity to Deaf/Hard of Hearing culture
- Management experience