BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CLINICIAN
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus!
This is a hybrid (both mobile and site-based) position that provides direct clinical services as well as support and oversight in the delivery of clinical support services by direct support professionals to address behavioral concerns, socioemotional needs, and improvement of community participation and inclusion of people served.
Broad Areas of Responsibility: Facilitates clinical best practices to optimize the wellbeing and social involvement of DHOH adults with additional disabilities. This approach uses education, facilitation skills, and advocacy to obtain these goals as reflected in each Individual’s ISP. Works collaboratively as part of a team that may include family members, natural supports, community resources, care providers, management and nursing. Advocates for the best interests of each individual in developing their personal potential, quality of and satisfaction in life, and their involvement in their community. Maintains records as required by Agency policy and State regulations. Works with autonomy and independence, prioritizes needs, and manages time effectively.
In addition to a creative and collaborative work environment, Perspectives offers a generous benefits package that includes:
- Flexible schedules
- Paid training and mentor programs
- Employee incentive programs
- Generous paid time off
- Verizon, AAA and health club discounts
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401k savings plan
At Perspectives, we listen to people's ideas, see their talents, and assume unlimited potential. We invest in our employees and support their career development by providing the resources to make it happen!
Here are just a few ways we give back to our dedicated professionals:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Management "in-training" programs
- American Sign Language (ASL) classes
- Mindfulness Training
- DSP Mentor Program
- National DSP (NADSP) Certification
- CPR Certification
- Masters Degree in psychology, social work, education, ABA or related field and eligibility to be licensed in RI.
- Broad based of knowledge including: functional assessment, treatment planning, behavior support plan development & program development.
- Experience working with people who are Deaf with additional disabilities (e.g., intellectual disabilities, severe mental illness, people on the autism spectrum, and other mental health issues) in a variety of settings.
- Ability to collaborate professionally with support team members working to build the capacity of care providers and others working directly with the individual
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in American Sign Language
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience with DHOH plus additional disabilities population
- Licensed Clinician in RI (LICSW, LCSW, LMHC, BCBA)
- Experience in mental health, intellectual disabilities, and use of psychotropic medications for adults with intellectual disabilities
- Experience in accessing community mental health and other resources in integrated settings
- Proficient in use of common work place technologies
- Experience and confidence in providing education and training
- Flexible schedule to meet the needs of individuals
- Program Development and Maintenance
- Education and Training
- Independent Work & Organizational Skills
- Policies, Procedures and Rule Compliance
- Job Development