INTERIM ASL INTERPRETER COORDINATOR
Deaf & Hard-of-Hearing Services
Perspectives Corporation is now hiring an Interim ASL Interpreter Coordinator to work in our Deaf & Hard-of-Hearing Services department.
Position term: Approximately May – October 2021
Coordination of ASL Interpreter schedules using several software platforms providing optimal interpreting supports for consumers. This includes processing interpreter requests, managing the weekly schedule and coordinating interpreter and requestor availability, and being available for direct communication from employees, interpreters and external requestors. Knowledgeable about Deaf culture; exhibits superior organizational and communication skills.
In addition to a creative and collaborative work environment, Perspectives offers a generous benefits package that includes:
- Flexible schedules
- Paid training and mentor programs
- Employee incentive programs
- Generous paid time off
- Verizon, AAA and health club discounts
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401k savings plan
- Possess the interpersonal skills needed to interact effectively and diplomatically with employees, customers, interpreters, individuals supported and the public
- Good problem solving skills, especially in a fast paced environment along with flexibility
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking in practical problems associated with scheduling assignments and the delivery of ASL services
- Proficiency in American Sign Language and possesses knowledge of modes of communication
- Must have a good working knowledge of interpreter code of professional conduct or willingness to learn; willingness to show strong understanding of deaf culture and communication access; sensitivity to the needs and rights of consumers
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel & Word, and the Google platform
- Ability to discuss interpreting product and ethical dilemmas with colleagues in an open and non-judgmental manner
- Knowledge of technology, email, smart phone, etc.