If you are seeking rewarding, purposeful work and want to be part of a growing team of professionals, come join Perspectives Corporation's Employment Department, Rhode Island's top performing employment team supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to achieve their career goals!
The Vocational Specialist assists participants with choosing, preparing for, obtaining and maintaining employment. More specifically, the Vocational Specialist works directly with participants to discuss options and goals, develop and maintain relationships with state partners, employers and other community members, locate barriers to employment and work with participants to develop strategies for overcoming these barriers, hold meetings and workshops to develop work skills, facilitate assessments and evaluations, role model for direct support professionals, maintain close contact with participants during job training and placement(s) to resolve problems and evaluate placement adequacy and prepares and maintain records and reports by monitoring and documenting progress.
Participating in agency activities, serving on committees, and communicating the agency’s values and principles to others; coordinating and monitoring effective clinical supports and developing effective multidisciplinary teams; providing training and mentoring to new and existing employees; writing reports/updates on programming; caregiver contact.
In addition to a creative and collaborative work environment, Perspectives offers a generous benefits package that includes:
- Flexible schedules
- Paid training and mentor programs
- Employee incentive programs
- Generous paid time off
- Verizon, AAA and health club discounts
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401k savings plan
- High school degree or equivalent
- Two years of demonstrating excellence in providing supported employment
- Ability to establish rapport and relate sensitively to participants and their caregivers
- Strong verbal, written and face-to-face communication skills
- Strong documentation skills, both written and in a computer database
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- High energy & motivation to help participants succeed
- The ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with others
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and insured vehicle
- Post high school education or certificate in a social services, business or related field or equivalent experience
- Certification or proof of enrollment in ACRE approved training, CESP, SE101 or an employment specialist program, or PATH and/or Person-centered Thinking Facilitator/Advisor Training