Full and part time positions are available. Join us and make a difference in your community!
Perspectives' Employment Department is Rhode Island's top performing employment team, helping people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to achie their career goals.
As a Job Coach, you'll be responsible for supporting individuals in maintaining their employment in the community. This means you will:
- Develop on-the-job supports in their work environment
- Mentor individuals in carrying out their job duties independently
- Provide social support and advocacy in the workplace
Perspectives' New Employee Orientation program provides a welcoming, in-depth training experience to accommodate those who have never worked with people with developmental disabilities.
In addition to a creative and collaborative work environment, Perspectives offers a generous benefits package that includes:
- Flexible schedules
- Paid training and mentor programs
- Employee incentive programs
- Generous paid time off
- Verizon, AAA and health club discounts
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401k savings plan
At Perspectives, we listen to people's ideas, see their talents, and assume unlimited potential. We invest in our employees and support their career development by providing the resources to make it happen!
Here are just a few ways we give back to our dedicated professionals:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Management "in-training" programs
- American Sign Language (ASL) classes
- Mindfulness Training
- DSP Mentor Program
- National DSP (NADSP) Certification
- CPR Certification
To become a Job Coach, you’ll need a favorable background check, a safe driving record, access to an insured vehicle, and a High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
- Willing to complete an ACRE or State approved job coach training program.
- Willing to learn Basic Sign Language
- Physically able to pass Safety Skills Training
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Flexible, dependable, creative, sense of humor
- Ability to multi-task
- An Associates degree or related experience
- Certification in ACRE approved training, CESP or present proof of enrollment in an employment specialist program
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills