DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONALS
Adult Day Services
Perspectives Adult Day Services and Independent Living programs are hiring throughout Rhode Island, from Providence all the way to Westerly! We have flexible full-time and part-time shifts available.
ADULT DAY SERVICES
In Adult Day Services, Direct Support Professionals engage participants in a variety of social settings to help them become active members of their communities, and to explore vocational and recreational activities, by:
- Supporting a healthy, active lifestyle through participation in leisure and personal interests such as sports, hobbies, and entertainment
- Assisting participants in their academic and job development, such as attending a class, preparing for an interview, or supporting them in working a job
- Empowering individuals to build social and daily living skills, such as maintaining personal relationships and planning and attending social functions
In Independent Living programs, Direct Support Professionals also help individuals to make informed choices in:
- Managing their healthcare needs, such as attending medical, dental and other appointments
- Prioritizing their personal needs through money management, which involves banking, budgeting, and making decisions regarding purchases
- Promoting health and wellness through meal preparation, hygiene, medical administration and treatments, exercise plans, and other activities and household routines
Perspectives proudly promotes employee development and offers advancement opportunities within the agency!
Whether you’re looking to further your education or your career, we provide access to a variety of resources to help you achieve your goals, including:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Management "in-training" programs
- American Sign Language (ASL) classes
- Mindfulness Training
- DSP Mentor Program
- NADSP Certification
- CPR Certification
Perspectives' New Employee Orientation provides a welcoming, in-depth training experience to accommodate those who have never worked with people with developmental disabilities.
To become a Direct Support Professional, you’ll need a favorable background check, a safe driving record, access to an insured vehicle, and a High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
FULL BENEFITS (PDF, 86k)