American Sign Language Interpreters
Deaf & Hard of Hearing Programs
For over 40 years, Perspectives Corporation has been providing quality services to children and adults with disabilities throughout the State of Rhode Island. We are continuously assessing our services and making it possible to grow our programs. Now, we are looking for exceptional talent to grow with us! If you are an enthusiastic ASL Interpreter interested in an exciting and new opportunity, look no further.
Perspectives provides an array of therapeutic services accessible to individuals who are Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing in Rhode Island from in-home early intervention programs to adult programs. Our specialized team is proficient in American Sign Language, or are native users.
American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreters effectively interprets between American Sign Language, spoken English, and atypical language to fulfill the mission of Perspectives Corporation; this includes interpreting for individuals receiving services, employees, management, community members, and stakeholder in a variety of settings. Interpreters will translate and caption materials as needed. In addition, interpreters will advocate for interpreting needs, and be knowledgeable of best practices in the field. ASL Interpreters will adhere and follow the NAD-RID Professional Code of Conduct.
In addition to a creative and collaborative work environment, Perspectives offers a generous benefits package that includes:
- Flexible schedules
- Paid training and mentor programs
- Employee incentive programs
- Generous paid time off
- Verizon, AAA and health club discounts
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401k savings plan
... and much more!
Download our full list of benefits to see all that Perspectives has to offer! (PDF, 250k)
At Perspectives, our strength is our people! We listen to people's ideas, see their talents, and assume unlimited potential. We invest in our employees and support their career development by providing the resources to make it happen!
Here are just a few ways we give back to our dedicated professionals:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Management "in-training" programs
- American Sign Language (ASL) classes
- Mindfulness Training
- DSP Mentor Program
- National DSP (NADSP) Certification
- CPR Certification
- HS Diploma or equivalent and 3 consistent years working as a sign language interpreter.
- Must hold a certificate in sign language interpretation from the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc., CASLI, LLC, National Association for the Deaf (NAD 4/5), Board of Evaluators for Interpreters (BEI Advanced/Master), or Massachusetts State Screening.
- Must also have (or be eligible for) a certified license issued by the RI Board of Examiners for the Deaf through the RI Department of Health and must maintain such certifications as a condition of employment.
- Must be able to plan ahead and maintain a flexible work schedule and the ability to travel throughout Rhode Island.
- Knowledge of technology, e-mail, smart phone, DHOH technology, etc.
- Must have good judgment with the ability to problem solve effectively.
- Must display the ability to thrive in a challenging and creative working environment.
- Must have a strong understanding of ASL and Deaf culture.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must have well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be comfortable interpreting for Deaf-Blind individuals who use tactile and/or Pro-Tactile sign language.
- Must be able to mentor.
- Must participate in collegial supervision.
- Must be able to translate frozen texts to a digital platform.
- Keeps all assignment related information strictly confidential.
- Remains strictly neutral in interpreting role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interpreting, Linguistics, Deaf Studies, or related field (Desired qualification)
FULL BENEFITS (PDF, 86k)