Assistant Program Manager
Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Services
Perspectives is now hiring a full-time Assistant Program Manager to work in our Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Services programs.
The Assistant Program Manager guides and supervises the work of Direct Support Professionals (DSP) and Behavior Specialist, across multiple programs within the Deaf & Hard of Hearing Department, ensuring that agency policies and procedures are implemented correctly and that the individuals served live valued and high-quality lives.
The Assistant Program Manager is responsible for:
- Participating in agency activities, serving on committees, and communicating the agency’s values and principles to others
- Assisting in recruiting, selecting, and supporting Direct Support Professionals
- Providing training and mentoring to new and existing employees
- Guiding and supervising the work of Direct Support Professionals by setting clear expectations and monitoring progress, providing feedback regarding performance evaluations, and recognizing and valuing the skills and input of employees
- Implementation of creative scheduling and accountability
In addition to a creative and collaborative work environment, Perspectives offers a generous benefits package that includes:
- Flexible schedules
- Paid training and mentor programs
- Employee incentive programs
- Generous paid time off
- Verizon, AAA and health club discounts
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401k savings plan
... and much more!
Download our full list of benefits to see all that Perspectives has to offer! (PDF, 250k)
At Perspectives, our strength is our people! We listen to people's ideas, see their talents, and assume unlimited potential. We invest in our employees and support their career development by providing the resources to make it happen!
Here are just a few ways we give back to our dedicated professionals:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Management "in-training" programs
- American Sign Language (ASL) classes
- Mindfulness Training
- DSP Mentor Program
- National DSP (NADSP) Certification
- CPR Certification
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Management training or supervisory experience.
- 3 years of experience in providing direct support to recipients of community human services.
- Exhibits leadership skills
- Demonstrates excellence in providing Direct Support to consumers served.
- Good computer skills
- Valid driver’s license, insured vehicle and favorable driving record.
- Favorable DCYF clearance and fingerprint results
- Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL)
- Contributes to a culturally affirmative and inclusive professional environment.
- A 2-year degree or certificate in a human services field or equivalent experience
- 5 years of direct support experience in community human services.
FULL BENEFITS (PDF, 86k)