Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Services
Perspectives is now hiring an ASL Instructor to work in our Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Services programs.
The ASL Instructor will facilitate trainings for both current employees and members of the community. The ASL Instructor will provide on-going support to participants, providing 1:1 facilitation, if needed.
The ASL Instructor:
- Facilitates ASL trainings for current staff and members of the community.
- Communicates effectively and in a timely fashion with DHOH Department Director, ASL Program Coordinator and other ASL Instructors regarding trainings.
- Works with autonomy, demonstrates flexibility and effectively manages time to ensure efficient and effective levels of productivity.
- Understands and implements current state licensing rules and regulations and agency policies and procedures.
In addition to a creative and collaborative work environment, Perspectives offers a generous benefits package that includes:
- Flexible schedules
- Paid training and mentor programs
- Employee incentive programs
- Generous paid time off
- Verizon, AAA and health club discounts
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401k savings plan
... and much more!
Download our full list of benefits to see all that Perspectives has to offer! (PDF, 250k)
At Perspectives, our strength is our people! We listen to people's ideas, see their talents, and assume unlimited potential. We invest in our employees and support their career development by providing the resources to make it happen!
Here are just a few ways we give back to our dedicated professionals:
- Tuition reimbursement
- Management "in-training" programs
- American Sign Language (ASL) classes
- Mindfulness Training
- DSP Mentor Program
- National DSP (NADSP) Certification
- CPR Certification
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalents
- Previous facilitation of training experience
- Strong presentation and public-speaking abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated and self-directed
- Fluent in American Sign Language
- Knowledgeable of Deaf Culture
- Flexible schedule
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel & Word
- ASL TA Certification
FULL BENEFITS (PDF, 86k)